Leading the Nation in Computer Science
Arkansas Is Leading
- First state to require CS to be taught in all public high schools
- 460% increase in students enrolled in computer science classes since the 2014-15 school year.
- Only state to adopt Code.org’s 9 policy ideas for computer science.
- Distributed $1M in stipends to Arkansas teachers to be trained to teach computer science courses.
- Allocated $500,000 of CS budget for stipends for elementary and middle school teachers wanting to learn to teach CS.